Your Family Dentist in Baltimore
We look forward to building meaningful relationships with each of our patients so that you feel assured that all of your questions, concerns, and needs are answered and met. Give our team at Matthew Wallengren, DDS a call at (410) 435-1234 to schedule your appointment!
Infection control has always been an important part of our practice and as we return to patient care, we want to tell you about changes we are implementing to keep you safe and comfortable following the COVID 19 pandemic quarantine. These changes have been designed to meet or exceed those presently recommended by the CDC, ADA and OSHA and we will continue to monitor these agencies for updates, so we can adapt and continue to protect you. In the meantime, please be aware of these changes.
An outline of some of our precautionary measures:
Proper handwashing is one of the most important measures our team takes to prevent the spread of infection. For routine dental exams and nonsurgical procedures, we wash thoroughly with water and hand soap specifically created for healthcare settings.
Personal Protective Equipment
We possess and use all necessary protective equipment, including face masks, gloves, protective eyewear, and protective clothing. Worn by our team and changed regularly, Personal Protective Equipment is designed to protect everyone in our practice from exposure to infectious agents.
Sterilization and Disinfection of Patient-Care Items and Devices
All Instruments and equipment used during your care are always sterilized and disinfected to CDC specifications. This ensures proper infection control and the health of our patients and staff. Every item used is opened fresh from a sterilized packet or is a brand-new disposable item. The sterilization process is very rigorous and includes dry heat sterilization (autoclave) and chemical sterilization.
- Upon arrival, we will install JADE by Surgically Clean Air. It features 6 stages of filtration eliminating 99.998% of microbes down to 0.1 microns in size and completely cleans the air in the room up to 30 times/hour.
- We are in the process of installing chairside medical grade HEPA and charcoal filter systems that can remove oral aerosols as soon as they are created. Until they arrive, no healthcare provider will see a patient without direct assistance by a dental assistant who will eliminate the aerosols manually with a high-volume evacuator suction.
- We will also be incorporating another level of room sanitizing throughout the day utilizing hypochlorous acid foggers. These foggers are completely non-toxic but, kill 99,99% of viruses and bacteria in the air and on surfaces, on contact.
Common touchpoints, including seating, workspaces, door handles, railings, and restrooms are sanitized on a regular basis by our team with effective cleaning solutions certified to kill bacteria and viruses.
Customer Appointment Procedure:
- Within seven days of your scheduled appointment, you will receive an “Invitation to Matthew Wallengren’s Patient Portal”. It is very important that you follow the link to the portal to register and fill out all the enclosed forms. This is part of the necessary transition to a paperless practice which includes a new registration form, health history, and COVID questionnaire.
- Please wear a face mask covering both your nose and mouth. Upon arrival, please call the front desk from your car. When your room is ready, we will let you know it is time to come in.
- Upon entry, with your mask covering your nose and mouth, we will greet you at the office door in our stylish new infection control uniforms, review the COVID questionnaire, take your temperature with an infrared thermometer and ask you to sanitize your hands, before escorting you to your room.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients and allow 60 minutes or more to pass before reusing a treatment room after it is disinfected. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Maintaining this amount of time between appointments will remain in place until the arrival of the medical grade air purifiers.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. If you haven’t heard from us but are anxious to make an appointment, please call us at 410-435-1234 or visit www.rolandparkdentistry.com to request an appointment.
Thank you for being our valued patient.
All of us at Matthew H Wallengren, D.D.S., P.A.